2011년 12월 9일 금요일

Problem of university tuition fee

It is always at issue that university tuition fee in Korea. I can see that ‘university tuition fee problem’ is top position in issue of this year that student choose. We can see news relating this problem, some student representatives went so far as to cut their hair although they are women, and entertainers like Kim, Yeojin and Kim, Jedong picket in front of Gwanghwamun Square for half tuition fee.

In my case I could not feel this problem well because I’m studying national university. I thought my school tuition fee is very cheap compared with some of my friends’ who are studying in private university. (They almost pay 6,000,000 won.) But when I know rate of increasing tuition fee during 5 years, I was surprised the fact that enrolled freshman in 2008 pay more about three times increasing compared with enrolled freshman in 2002. The older students paid just about 1,000,000 won. Family income does not increase 3 times but how does they do that? I can feel our school tuition fee is not cheap anymore even though national university.

Government take action like assisting 10~15% support fund for decreasing tuition fee. But I think it is not good method. It is not fundamental method. Some private university possess huge amount of cash. They don’t use for students but they use this cash for big building. And they rent this building to outsider like restaurant, market not using laboratory, lecture room. Government should thoroughly investigate how total tuition fee are used firstly.

댓글 1개: