2011년 11월 18일 금요일

About CCTV in Korea

Today we can see CCTV anywhere we go. They are located in public places like school or building to narrow alleys, sea or mountain even in restaurant where we eat. And sometimes I feel frightening when I find CCTV right after going out in my house in the morning. It is always located nearby me like in elevator, APT estates, on the road, subway station, corridor of school and lecture room. I think too many CCTV is unnecessary. It just intrudes into private life.
The reasons that set up CCTV would be various, but main reason may be for prevention of crimes like robberies or incidents in advance. Every when I see countless CCTV, I use to think ‘Does somebody monitor videos in real time?’ Absolutely every time supervisor would not monitor videos in real time and CCTV would be used just recording not using for prevention of crimes. It also could do role of announcement effect. But if a certain event had already occurred like sexual violence, I would like to ask what is using of CCTV for whom? Of course it is important that monitor video after happening events but it had already happened. Still many crimes occur in a day even though many CCTV in here and there.
In fact people say Korea is well- public safety nation compared with other nations. I think so, too. But I don’t think it is because of countless CCTV. If it does, part of it would be small. It is good to set up a CCTV in dangerous, dark places or important places but I would like that government or other private enterprises manage CCTV more effective not increasing in number.

댓글 3개:

  1. Almost cctv is monitered I think.
    And if cctv disappear then alots of crim will be occur and we couldnt find even who did

    답글삭제
  2. I agree with your opinion. I think that managing CCTV effectively are better than installing CCTV more and more. I think If we are well managing CCTV, We continue to be called safety nation.

    답글삭제
  3. I see your opinion and i agree with some of yours. People can't monitor every single minute and even though cctv is everywhere, crime happen everyday. Number is not important. But in my case those CCTV make me less stressful. Because I terrified alot of things, when I walk on a street I think somebody look at me then I'm little scared. I care of privacy,too but I think safety is more important.

    답글삭제