2011년 11월 3일 목요일

About leak of personal information

When I take a spam mails or text messages, it is tiresome things for me to take the calls or message and delete it. I would like to delete every ID including my social security number, address and phone number when I take this kind of spam. And also I am curious how, where my personal information are used.

In South Korea most websites demand for concrete personal information even though they don’t need them surely. The one reason that I heard why they collect our personal information like social security number or phone number is they use these things for marketing, to compiling statistics or analyze members who join their websites. The matter is bigger that information would leak to others that use these with the purpose of making money with fraud. I think Korean famous major websites should lead to discard personal information and also basically they should not demand for these to protect these cases.

Long time ago I read a article that Korean government would make another security number per one person for using only online. (I think it is digital certification) It is good method to reduce personal information spill. And these things should be more active so that major websites would use this method like bank websites. In my case I drop out websites that I don’t need to anymore like online shop or other community club like naver, daum’s cafe. I think there are not perfect way to protect personal information spill but the best way to protect is to monitor own personal information and not to join uncertificated websites.

댓글 1개:

  1. I'm sorry I laugh when I read that last part not to join any websites. Anyway, I didm't know that Korean government tried to make another security number. It's new information for me. But I think onlie security number is also unique number for people so that's same thing to people. And I agree with that marketing things. I heard company sell people's information. I don't think that's why they collect our information, but even though they don't need our information they collect. I would ask them why. Korean website joining way should change.
    Thank you to share your opinion. :D

    답글삭제